Oil and gas complex
Oil and gas companies operate in the area of high risk and high responsibility. Their work is characterized by broad geography, a harsh climate, multi-level infrastructure for production, storage, transportation and processing of oil and gas, and the presence of the constant threat to environmental and industrial safety. To solve the problems of accounting, control, and coordination of resources and to ensure the proper functioning of all processes and a prompt response to incidents, it is necessary to continuously and comprehensively monitor territories within the scope of the company’s interests.
SCANEX offers a high-tech approach to implementing oil and gas projects at all stages of their life cycle: create a geoservice based on satellite imagery of high and ultra-high resolution in order to systematically store and analyse data in a single information space for all departments and contractors.
Use of this geoservice in the implementation of oil and gas projects will allow you to accomplish the following:
At the design phase
- Carry out the environmental assessment of prospective exploration areas
- Update thematic maps for the benefit of environmental impact assessment projects
- Monitor the exploration, profile laying, drilling platforms exploration equipment, and so on
- Plan the placement of industrial infrastructure facilities and transport routes
At the construction phase
- Monitor the progress of construction and assess the compliance with the design documentation
- Monitor the adherence to the boundaries of the licensed areas and compliance with wildlife management regulations
At the operation phase
- Monitor the status of facilities and any unfavourable natural and anthropogenic factors influencing the safety of industrial facilities
- Carry out the comprehensive monitoring of environmental situations in the oil and gas extraction, transportation, and processing points
In case of natural or man-made emergencies
- Receive informational support in emergency situations and environmental disasters near the fields, pipelines, and facilities (forest fires, floods, subsidence, oil and gas pollution, landslides and collapse processes, etc.)
- Simulate the development of emergency situations in order to develop measures to minimize the impact of natural disasters on industrial facilities
- Quickly identify and monitor the development of natural emergency situations and assess the damage caused as a result of any emergency
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of operations on liquidation of emergencies and reclamation
If necessary, to solve specific tasks
- Assess the navigation conditions and receive information support during transportation of equipment and materials for operations on the continental shelf
- Analyse the ice situation in the field of extraction and transportation of hydrocarbons, and make ice maps
- Monitor the ecological status of waters near offshore platforms, unloading terminals, port areas, and transportation routes
As a result of implementing the geoservice, the customer can carry out additional design, planning, and assessment of field industrial infrastructure development, improve the efficiency of economic activity, reduce the risks of accidents, and provide high-quality production processes and efficient management of property and land.
Our customers: Rosneft, Gazprom, Gazprom Neft, Lukoil, Transneft, and Dalmorneftegeofizika.